Howard University Alumni Association
VP of Membership
Voting Begins Soon!
Look for your ballot in the mail!
Why he's right for HUAA
Anthony Santagati is a 1999 graduate of the College of Fine Arts and a 2005 graduate of the School of Law. As a luxury digital strategist and creative, he’s demonstrated an ability to predict and implement new technological trends. With a particular emphasis on high-end fashion & retail brands and nearly 15 years of involvement in e-commerce solutions Anthony has developed a keen understanding of consumer-focused strategies and is working to incorporate emerging technologies and ideas into traditional fashion markets.
As Vice-President Anthony will implement a 3 Point Plan focused on People, Technology, and Retention: more well-informed outreach to alumni of all stripes; better use of technology to reduce waste, increase transparency, and connect with alumni we’re missing; and greater efforts at retaining the members we currently have by rewarding loyalty, improving membership benefits, and streamlining the renewal processes.
A native of the South Carolina Sea Islands, Anthony currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
2008-2010 Vice-President, HUSL Alumni Club of NY
2010-2012 President, HUSL Alumni Club of NY
2010-2014 HUAA Executive Committee Member
2012-2014 HUAA Executive Committee Member-at-Large
2012 HUAA Elections Committee
2013 HUAA Policy Committee
2014 Bison on the Vineyard Marketing Chair
3 Point Plan
- #HUAA4ME campaign highlighting notable members talking about their connection to the HUAA
- Demographic review of current and potential members, with a goal of reaching out to underrepresented alumni groups
- Identifying core constituencies and members and maintaining personal communications
- HUAA.ME: Dynamic new website for all membership benefit information both nationally and locally
- Using modern customer relationship software to better manage current memberships
- Improving social media strategies for constituent units to market new memberships
- Streamlining the signup and renewal processes for both the national organization and our constituent units
- Creating increasingly deeper levels of benefits based on number of years of membership
- Offer discounted memberships to current members who bring in 3 or more new members
- Michele Akinsanya
Business Process Development Specialist, Accenture
- Danielle Andrews
Account Executive, Platform Sales & Publisher Development, Xaxis
- Audrey Batts Watson
She Can Make It Happen Consulting
- Marielle Bobo
Fashion & Beauty Director,
- Cara A. Brown
- Julienne Brown
Ernst & Young
- Dedan K. Bruner, Esq.
(BA '99, JD '07)
EEO Specialist, USDA
- Tai A. Dixon, Esq.
Managing Director of National Talent Acquisition, Teach For America
- Kai Doggett
- Keri Foster
Assoc. Dir. of Academics & Adj. Professor, Syracuse Law
- Chana Garcia
- Nereida B. Gonzalez, Esq.
Chief Executive Officer,
Eighteen & Voting
- Ericka N. Goodman-Hughey
Fashion Editor, EBONY Magazine
- Shauntay Hinton
Miss USA 2002
- Kristy Hunt
- Mécole Ingram
- Tiffany D. Jackson
- Akil Kamau
Incumbent VP of Administration, HUAA
- T. Katuri Kaye
Trucker Huss, APC
- Richard Lecky, Esq.
('01, JD '07)
President Emeritus & Founder, NYHUSL
- Khari J. Little
- Carmia Marshall
- Jewell D. Martin
(BA '00, MBA '06)
Regulatory Health Project Manager, Food & Drug Administration
- Elizabeth Matory
MD State Delegate (D18) Candidate
- Mitzie A. Moore, Esq.
- Ayana N. Partee, Esq.
- Maisha K. Perkins
International Educator, Writer
- Willie Phillips
Assistant General Counsel, North American Electric Reliability Corp.
- Kaiesha Scarbrough, Esq.
Foreclosure defense & bankruptcy attorney
- Angelina Spicer
- Reiko Suber
Administrative Law Judge
- Aprill O. Turner
Communications and Media Relations Director, Campaign for Youth Justice
- Melissa M. Valle
(BA Econ, BA AA Studies '01)
Columbia U. Dept. of Sociology PhD Candidate
- Chris Washington
Incumbent President, HUAA
- Dakira Williams (Richardson)
Sr. Subcontracts Administrator